John Deere Gator TX Turf
Double tap to zoom
Features operating conveniences such as professional high-back seats, cup holders, 12-V outlet, and fuel gauge
Numerous features offer the operator and passenger a smooth, comfortable ride and provide many operating conveniences.
NOTE: Shown with the optional front bumper, brush guard, front fender guard, and floor mat.
- Side-by-side bucket seating provides room for one operator and one passenger
- Hip restraints serve as a handhold and help to keep the operator and passenger in their seats over rough terrain
- Both seats tilt forward for dry storage and ease of service
- Choice of adjustable or non-adjustable driver's seat
- Hour-meter is standard to assist in maintaining regular service intervals
- Integrated cup holders
A 12-V outlet is located on the instrument panel.
The control location and walk-through platform provide easy entry/exit for the operator and passenger.
- Park brake indicator light, hour-meter, and in-tank fuel gauge are standard equipment
- Glove box is located in the dash to provide a convenient storage area for small tools and the operator's manual
- Grab bar is provided for the passenger
- Center-mounted key switch
- Additional storage is provided between the seats
Precision-engineered drive system
On the Gator™ TX Turf, power is transmitted from the engine through a continuously variable clutch system to a transaxle and finally to the rear axle.
Key elements of the drive system are as follows:
Variable speed drive
The variable-speed drive consists of two clutches connected by a drive belt:
- Drive clutch is attached to and rotated by the engine.
- Driven clutch is attached to and drives the transaxle.
- Infinite selection of speeds (0 km/h to 25 km/h [0 mph to 15.5 mph])
- No shifting necessary as operator increases speed
- Easy operation
Adjusts speed to the load to avoid bogging down when going up a hill or through challenging conditions because the wrong gear was selected.
Clutches are tuned to provide engine braking when going downhill if the throttle remains engaged.
Here is how the variable-speed drive works:
- As the engine speed increases, the spring-loaded drive clutch is closed by weights being forced out by centrifugal force.
- As the drive clutch closes, the belt rides up to the largest diameter of the drive clutch and forces open the driven clutch.
- With the belt running in the smallest diameter of the driven clutch, the speed being transferred to the transaxle is increased.
- The driven clutch is designed to sense varying loads (inclines, mud, etc.) and constantly adjusts the drive speed upward or downward, so the engine rpm remains constant at constant throttle position.
The transaxle is fully enclosed and runs in oil for reliability.
The differential design reduces scuffing of the turf during turns because the inside wheels turn slower than the outside wheels (other vehicles that have a solid axle shaft must skid the inside wheel when making a turn).
Helical gears are used to reduce transmission noise.
The neutral start safety interlock is provided for the engine ignition system.
Heavy-duty rear-axle housings
Large, sealed bearings are located inside the housing for better protection. One-piece forged axles are splined for maximum strength:
- Large sealed bearings for better protection and load-carrying capabilities
- Forged-splined shaft for increased torsional strength
- Nodular cast-iron housing for increased durability
Powered by 13.5-hp*, 401-cc, single-cylinder, four-cycle gas engine
The Gator™ TX Turf is powered by a 13.5-hp*, 401-cc, single-cylinder, four-cycle gas engine.
*The engine horsepower information is provided by the engine manufacturer to be used for comparison purposes only. The actual operating horsepower will be less.
- Overhead valve design for greater efficiency and fuel economy
- Full-pressure lubrication system with a replaceable filter
- Replaceable single-element air cleaner with remote intake
- Large-capacity muffler for low sound levels
- Pedal start, which provides the ultimate in operator convenience
- Electronic ignition switch, which allows pedal start and provides reliable starts and less servicing
- Low fuel consumption and a large 18.9 L (5 U.S. gallon) fuel tank reduce fueling frequency; consumption at half load and average speed is 1.3 Lph (0.35 U.S. gph)
Flotation tires minimize ground compaction to save turf and prevent ruts in soft ground
One type of flotation tire is available for the Gator™ TX Turf:
- (A) Turf tires
The turf tire is four-ply rated, and has an enhanced blend of material and more content that yields significantly more useful life
This tread pattern gives all traditional series models a more aggressive showroom appeal
Each tire combines superb puncture resistance with a tread designed for maximum traction and performance
All tires offer a wide profile and are designed to be inflated at a low psi.
- Provides good flotation and traction in mud, sand, and other wet or soft areas
- Flexes over bumps and ruts for a smoother, more comfortable ride
- Minimizes ground compaction to save turf and prevent ruts in soft ground
|Turf, front pair (two 22x9.50-10 4PR)
Turf, rear pair (two 24x12.00-10 4PR)
NOTE: John Deere recommends that all four or six (6x4 Gator™ models) tires be the same. Although the wheel and tire sizes remain the same, current tires should not be mixed with existing tires. The existing tires will remain available to service existing Gators.
|Make/Model||John Deere Gator™ TX Turf Utility Vehicle|
|Displacement||400 cc (24.4 cu in.)|
|Power||10.1* kW (13.5 hp)|
|Transmission||Continuously variable transmission (CVT)|
|Final drive||Fully enclosed; oil bath|
|Four wheel drive||No|
|Traction assist||Mechanically Activated Differential Lock|
|Maximum traveling speed||0-15.5 mph forward (0-25 km/h forward) 0-15.0 mph reverse (0-24.1 km/h reverse)|
|Front||Independent spring over shock, single A-arm|
|Rear||Two high-floatation, low pressure tires (solid axles)|
|Type||Wet disk in transaxle|
|Park brake||Wet disk, hand operated|
|Front||Two 22.5x9.5-10 (Turf Tire)|
|Rear||Two 24x12-10, (Turf Tire)|
|Dry weight||Not Advertised|
|DIMENSIONS / CAPACITIES|
|Wheelbase||77 in. (1955.8 mm)|
|Front tread centers||50 in. (1270 mm)|
|Rear tread centers||48 in. (1219.3 mm)|
|Height||43.6 in. (1108 mm)|
|Width||60 in. (1525 mm)|
|Length||108.1 in. (2745.7 mm)|
|Ground clearance||5.7 in. (144.78 mm)|
|Fuel capacity||5.0 U.S. gal. (18.9 L)|
|Cargo box dimensions||45 x 12 x 52 in. (1143 x 304.8 x 1320 mm)|
|Cargo box capacity||600 lb (272 kg)|
|Payload capacity||1000 lb (454 kg)|
|Towing capacity||100 lb (454 kg)|
|Hitch||Standard 2-in. receiver|
|Battery||340 @ -18C (0F) CCA|
|Alternator||16.6 @ 3700 rpm (regulated) amp|
|Instrumentation||Fuel Gauge, Hour Meter|
|Storage||Cup Holders, Glove Box|
|Country of Manufacture||U.S.|