John Deere PA40 Planetary Drive Auger
Double tap to zoom
Our auger attachments easily get to the bottom of things. The heavy-duty motor drives the auger through a planetary-gear reduction. Reverse rotation allows quick back-out when you encounter obstructions.
- New hydraulic motors have a higher-rated operating pressure and features a larger and more durable motor-shaft seal.
- New integral motor and planetary gearbox housing brings the planetary gear set closer to the motor, increasing efficiency and decreasing stress.
- Gearbox has an updated input shaft with a more sturdy design.
- Maximum torque rating for PA30B increased from 4,166 to 4,500 ft.-lb. and improved gear reduction. The number of planet gears in the PA30B gearbox increased from three to five.
- PA40 bit sizes include 4-36-in. HD, 9-24-in. HD difficult ground, 18-36 in, tree and shrub, and 9- or 12-in. rock to match the application.
- Like all worksite pro attachments, these augers are optimized to work with the John Deere skid steer loaders, compact track loaders (CTLs), compact excavators, and compact wheel loaders, and are compatible with most competitive models.
|Weight (without mounting bracket)||89kg (195 lbs.)|
|Motor Displacement||310 cc/rev (19.2 cu. in./rev.)|
|Hydraulic Flow||Minimum: 106 L/min. (28 gpm) ; Maximum 159 L/min. (42 gpm)|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||24 100 kPa (3,500 psi)|
|Planetary Gear Ratio||6:0:1|
|Planetary Maximum Torque Rating||6780 Nm (5,000 ft.-lb.)|
|Output Shaft||51-mm (2 in.) hexagon|
|Output Torque||7250 Nm (5,347 ft.-lb.)|
|23L/min. (6 gpm)||—|
|30 L/min. (8 gpm)||—|
|38 L/min. (10 gpm):||—|
|45 L/min. (12 gpm)||—|
|57 L/min. (15 gpm)
|68 L/min. (18 gpm)||—|
|76 L/min. (20 gpm)
|106 L/min. (28 gpm)
|114 L/min. (30 gpm)
|124 L/min. (33 gpm)
|136 L/min. (36 gpm)
|148 L/min. (39 gpm)
|159 L/min. (42 gpm)
|Maximum Auger Bit Diameter||910 mm (24 in.)|
|Overall Auger Bit Length||1220 mm (48 in.)|
|Vehicle Compatibility||330G and 332G Skid Steers; 331G and 333G CTLs; and 244K-II and 324K Compact Loaders|