John Deere E160
Double tap to zoom
Frame made of full-length welded steel for reliability
The solid one-piece frame is constructed of 12-gauge, 0.105-in. (2.66-mm) steel:
- Full-length, robotically-welded frame design has high-strength steel rails for added strength and long life.
- One-piece, steel fender deck is bolted to the frame.
Operator station designed for comfortable operation
The operator station is designed for operator comfort and easy operation:
- Controls are positioned where they are easy to reach and use to control the tractor.
- The steering wheel is positioned and angled to give the operator plenty of room and steering comfort.
- The seat is tilted back at the optimum angle to provide the most comfortable operator position.
Controls are easy to see and use:
- A deluxe, 14-in. (35.6-cm) steering wheel provides greater operator comfort and control.
- Ignition switch is on the dash for starting ease.
Wide footrest areas with non-slip, anti-vibration rubber floor mats are provided for operator comfort:
Debris removing channels help keep the footrest area clean and dry.
The wide footrest makes it easier to step over the mower deck while entering or exiting the seat.
The Edge™ cutting system gives superior performance
The Edge cutting system has been trademarked to emphasize the advantages of the John Deere mower deck designs. They give superior convenience, performance, and reliability:
- Deep-deck mower design lifts grass for a clean, even cut.
- Smooth underside of mower prevents grass buildup and evenly disperses grass clippings.
- The rolled outer edge of the deck provides extra strength and protection.
- Dual-stage E-coat and powder paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
The 48-in. (121.9-cm) Edge mower deck is a three-spindle design with heavy-duty characteristics:
- Four mower wheels are standard equipment for a smooth mowing job, even in rolling terrain.
- Flexible discharge chute minimizes property and mower deck damage.
- No tools are required to go from mulching (with mulch cover) to side discharge to rear bagging.
- A mulch cover is an optional attachment that can be installed without the use of tools.
- A high-performance mulching blade (GX21786) is available to enhance mulching performance.
- Bagging blades are available to improve bagging performance.
The mower deck has a rolled lip to provide greater strength and protection. The rugged 12-gauge, 0.105-in. (2.7-mm) steel-deck mower will provide years of dependable mowing.
The blade-to-spindle design provides a unique mounting system for the mower blade that gives extra safety and convenience.
A cut-and-throw, 6.5-bu (229-L) rear bagger is sold separately and comes with bagging blades.
Engine is powerful and smooth-running v-twin design
A 24-hp (17.9-kW) V-twin extended-life series (ELS) engine provides plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions:
- V-twin cylinder design for greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality
- Electronic ignition for fast starts
- Spring-return feature to ensure the operator will not mistakenly leave the throttle lever in the choke position
- Cast-iron cylinder liners for longer engine life
- Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
- Full-pressure lubrication and oil filter for cleaner oil, prolonging engine life and extending the time between oil changes
- More effective when operating the tractor on an incline
- Includes extended-life series (ELS) engine features for enhanced performance and longer life
- John Deere Easy Change™ 30-second oil change system makes changing the engine oil easy, quick, and clean.
Hydrostatic transmission gives an infinite choice of ground speeds
A Kanzaki® Tuff Torq® hydrostatic transmission gives an infinite choice of speeds and makes changing the direction of travel easy. Side-by-side foot pedals control the speed and direction of travel:
- Automotive-type accelerator controls ensure easy operation.
- Operator can change direction without lifting foot off the platform.
- Large pedal surface gives superior operator comfort.
Appropriate transmissions are used in each model, depending on rear tire size and tractor performance requirements, to ensure excellent performance and reliability:
- Tuff Torq TLT200A - E110, E120, E130
- Tuff Torq TLT200B - E140, E150, E160
- Tuff Torq K46AC - E170, E180
|Power||24 hp 17.9 kW|
|Displacement||44.2 cu in. 724 cc|
|Type||Overhead valve, full-pressure lube, oil filter|
|Choke/speed control||One lever, ReadyStart®|
|Air cleaner||Cartridge with prefilter|
|Oil drain||No tools|
|Fuel delivery||Pulse pump and carburetor|
|Fuel gauge||Mechanical, viewable from seat|
|Fuel tank location||Rear|
|Fuel fill opening||Center, 1.75 in. 4.45 cm|
|Fuel tank capacity||2.4 U.S. gal. 9.1 L|
|Battery||12 V 300 CCA|
|Charging system||Regulated, 16 amp|
|Engine starter||Bendix type|
|Hourmeter||Yes, with service reminder|
|Headlights||Two standard, incandescent|
|Taillights or reflector||Reflectors|
|Rear work lights||No|
|12-V outlet||Optional accessory|
|Type||Hydrostatic, 2-wheel drive|
|Control||Two-pedal foot-controlled hydrostatic|
|Oil cooler||Fins and fan on transaxle|
|Oil filter||Yes, not serviceable|
|Forward speed||0-5.5 mph 0-8.9 km/h|
|Reverse speed||0-3.2 mph 0-5.1 km/h|
|Brakes||Internal wet disk|
|Frame||Full-length welded steel|
|Weight bracket||Optional rear|
|Front axle||Cast-iron front axle, powdered-metal front wheel bushings|
|Hood material||JD Loy, UV resistant|
|Fender deck material||Stamped steel|
|Floor mats||Yes, with debris removing channels|
|Storage||Storage tray with cover|
|Service interval decal||Yes|
|Equipment mounting||CargO Mount™ system|
|Type||Sector and pinion with single drag link and tie rod|
|All-wheel steer||Not available on this model|
|Steering wheel||Deluxe, diameter - 14 in. 35.6 cm|
|Tilt steering wheel||No|
|Turning radius||18 in. 45.7 cm|
|Uncut circle radius||20 in. 50.8 cm|
|Type||One piece with lumbar adjustment|
|Seat back height||15 in. 38.1 cm|
|Fore-aft adjustment||While seated, 5.5 in. 14 cm|
|Seat suspension||Tilt, two coil springs|
|Type||Lever on fender deck|
|Mower cut height||13 positions, 1-4 in. 2.5-10.2 cm|
|Cut height increments||0.25 in. 0.64 cm|
|Preset cut height||No|
|Cutting width||48 in. 122 cm|
|Construction||Stamped steel deck shell|
|Mower deck material||Steel, 12 gauge 0.105 in. 2.7 mm|
|Mower wash port||Yes|
|Mower drive system||Electric power take-off (PTO) clutch|
|Mower wheel adjustment||One bolt|
|Mower level adjustment||Easy-level deck|
|Type||Slide under tractor|
|Front draft arms||One spring clip|
|Rear draft arms||Two spring clips|
|Mower wheels rotate||No|
|Drive system||Single belt|
|Meets ANSI standard||Yes|
|Meets OPEI standard||Yes|
|Backup protection||Reverse Implement Option (RIO)|
|Notes||JD Loy hood resists fading, won't rust or dent Durable primer and powder paint finish Large, 14-in. (36-cm) steering wheel for more comfortable operation|
|Warranty||2 year/120 hour bumper-to-bumper* (*Term limited to years or hours used, whichever comes first, and varies by model. See the LIMITED WARRANTY FOR NEW JOHN DEERE TURF AND UTILITY EQUIPMENT at JohnDeere.com or JohnDeere.ca/TUWarranty for details.)|
|Mowers||Standard, 48 in. 122 cm|
|Rear bagger||2-bag, 6.5 bu 229 L|
|Powered material collection|
|Mulching system||Mulch cover|
|Front blade||46 in. 116.8 cm|
|Snow blower||Two-stage, 44 in. 111.8 cm|
|Rear power take-off (PTO)|
|Sprayer||Tow-behind, 15 U.S. gal. 56.8 L Mounted, 15 U.S. gal. Tow-behind only, 25 U.S. gal. 94.6 L|
|Spreader||Tow-behind only, 125-175 lb 57.7-80 kg|
|Front bumper||Standard two-bar styled front bumper|
|Weather protection||Snow cab|
|Rear receiver hitch|
|Bucket holder||Yes, single bucket|
|Grass striping||Lawn striping kit|
|Height||45.3 in. 115 cm|
|Overall length||69.5 in. 176.5 cm|
|Wheelbase||48.9 in. 124.2 cm|
|Width with mower||60.8 in. 154 cm|
|Width with mower (deflector raised for storage)||50 in. 127 cm|
|Width without mower|
|Weight||Mower, no fuel, 492 lb 223 kg|