Commercial Worksite 17G
Double tap to zoom
- Variable-width undercarriage, reduced-tail-swing design, and independent swing boom allow the 17G to navigate narrow openings and work in tight quarters with ease.
- Rubber tracks’ unique steel cores resist cracking. Large-diameter drive sprockets and track idlers further increase undercarriage durability.
Ease of Control
- Go from backhoe- to excavator-style controls with just a twist of your wrist. Control pattern selector valve is conveniently located in a compartment beneath the seat and includes a sight glass that displays the selected pattern.
- High-torque fuel-efficient diesels meet EPA Final Tier 4/EU Stage IV emission standards without after treatment devices — reducing maintenance and expense.
- Heavy-duty side-by-side coolers enhance efficiency in high-ambient or -altitude working conditions.
- Nearly unobstructed visibility provides a commanding view of the surrounding jobsite.
- No tools are needed to access daily or periodic checkpoints. Hinged steel doors swing open wide, for quick and easy service.
|MODEL||John Deere 17G Excavator|
|Emission Rating||Tier 4|
|Number Of Cylinders (Per Engine)||3|
|Displacement, ltr (Inches)||0.99 (61)|
|Rated speed, rpm||2400|
|Engine Output - Net, kW (hp)||10.8 (14.5)|
|Track Shoe Width, mm (inches)||230 (9)|
|Transport Length Mono Boom, mm (ft/in)||3500 (11 ft 6 in)|
|Overall Width, mm (ft/in)||980 (3 ft 3 in)|
|Track Length On Ground, mm (ft/in)||1210 (4 ft )|
|Undercarriage Overall Length, mm (ft/in)||1570 (5 ft 2 in)|
|Tailswing Radius, mm (ft/in)||680 (2 ft 3 in)|
|Ground Clearance, mm (inches)||165 (6)|
|Dozer Blade Height, mm (inches)||260 (10.2)|
|Digging Reach - Mono Boom, mm (ft/in)||3810 (12 ft 6 in)|
|Dig Height - Mono Boom, mm (ft/in)||3540 (11 ft 7 in)|
|Dump Height - Mono Boom, mm (ft/in)||2510 (8 ft 3 in)|
|Dig Depth - Mono Boom, mm (ft/in)||2190 (7 ft 2 in)|
|Standard Dipper, mm (ft/in)||930 (3 ft 1 in)|
|Fuel Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||20.06 (5.3)|
|Hydraulic Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||14.01 (3.7)|
|Number Of Batteries||1|
|Ground Bearing Pressure, kPa (PSI)||26.6 (3.9)|
|Slew Speed, rpm||9.4|
|Travel Speed - High, kph (mph)||4.2 (2.6)|
|Dipper Tearout, kN (lbf)||8.6 (1933)|
|Bucket Breakout, kN (lbf)||16 (3597)|
|Main Pumps - Maximum Flow, lt/min (gallons (US) / min)||38.4 (10.2)|
|Operating Weight, kg (lbs)||1720 (3790)|